I have not personally researched the genealogy of the Sims family; the following report has been generated from secondary sources only. Accordingly, the report should be used as a starting point only, to use in forming genealogical hypotheses. To prove these hypotheses, the reader of this report must provide his/her own supporting rationale obtained from personal family documents such as Bible records and/or memoranda; and from official documents such as wills, deeds, court minutes, etc. The ancestor numbering system utilized in the report is that recommended by the National Genealogical Society (NGS).
Ancestors and Descendants of Charles Sims
Generation No. 1
1. MATHEW1 SIMS was born Abt. 1681 in Somerset County, England. He married HANNAH MITCHELL March 03, 1707/08 in England.
Child of MATHEW SIMS and HANNAH MITCHELL is:
2. i. MATHEW2 SIMS, b. Abt. 1715, Hanover County VA; d. Abt. 1795.
Generation No. 2
2. MATHEW2 SIMS (MATHEW1) was born Abt. 1715 in Hanover County VA, and died Abt. 1795. He married JEMIMA GLENN 1736 in Virginia Colony.
Children of MATHEW SIMS and JEMIMA GLENN are:
3. i. CHARLES3 SIMS, b. Abt. 1737; d. Abt. 1827, Union County SC.
4. ii. MATHEW SIMS.
5. iii. JAMES M. SIMS, b. Abt. 1742; d. Abt. 1794.
6. iv. NATHAN SIMS, b. Abt. 1745.
v. HANNAH SIMS, b. Abt. 1748; m. DAVID HENDERSON, 1766.
7. vi. REUBEN SIMS, b. Abt. 1750; d. 1816.
vii. DRUCILLA SIMS, b. Abt. 1753; d. Bef. 1795; m. _____ BECKLEY.
8. viii. MERCY SIMS, b. Abt. 1755.
9. ix. DAVID SIMS, b. Abt. 1760.
x. ANN (NANCY) SIMS, b. Abt. 1766; m. JACOB F. GILLIAM.
Generation No. 3
3. CHARLES3 SIMS (MATHEW2, MATHEW1) was born Abt. 1737, and died Abt. 1827 in Union County SC. He married ISABELLA BOWLES.
Children of CHARLES SIMS and ISABELLA BOWLES are:
i. ELIZABETH4 SIMS.
ii. NANCY SIMS.
iii. MARY SIMS.
10. iv. WILLIAM SIMS, b. 1768; d. April 05, 1853, Union County SC.
4. MATHEW3 SIMS (MATHEW2, MATHEW1) He married MARY SANDERS.
Child of MATHEW SIMS and MARY SANDERS is:
i. JOHN SANDERS4 SIMS.
5. JAMES M.3 SIMS (MATHEW2, MATHEW1) was born Abt. 1742, and died Abt. 1794. He married ELIZABETH SANDERS 1766.
Children of JAMES SIMS and ELIZABETH SANDERS are:
i. ANN4 SIMS, b. 1767.
ii. MATHEW SIMS, b. 1768.
iii. JAMES SIMS, b. 1770.
iv. JOHN SIMS, b. 1772.
v. DRUCILLA SIMS, b. 1774.
vi. ELIZABETH SIMS, b. 1776.
vii. NATHAN SIMS, b. October 16, 1778; d. June 28, 1814; m. SARAH ANN CHRISTMAS SANDERS; b. May 02, 1781; d. November 05, 1855.
viii. ANN GLENN SIMS, b. 1782.
ix. REUBEN SIMS, b. 1784; d. 1840; m. MARY T. N. HOPKINS.
6. NATHAN3 SIMS (MATHEW2, MATHEW1) was born Abt. 1745. He married _____ HENRY.
Children of NATHAN SIMS and _____ HENRY are:
i. LUCY4 SIMS.
ii. PATRICK HENRY SIMS.
iii. REUBEN (HORSE) SIMS.
7. REUBEN3 SIMS (MATHEW2, MATHEW1) was born Abt. 1750, and died 1816. He married ANN (NANCY) SANDERS 1772.
Children of REUBEN SIMS and ANN SANDERS are:
i. JOHN SANDERS4 SIMS, b. 1773.
ii. CHARLES SIMS, b. 1776.
iii. DRUCILLA SIMS, b. 1779.
iv. MARY SIMS, b. 1781.
v. ELIZABETH SIMS, b. 1783.
vi. CECILIA SIMS, b. 1786.
vii. ANN (NANCY) SIMS, b. 1789.
viii. JEMIMA SIMS, b. 1791.
8. MERCY3 SIMS (MATHEW2, MATHEW1) was born Abt. 1755. She married CAPTAIN JOHN SANDERS 1773.
Children of MERCY SIMS and CAPTAIN SANDERS are:
i. ALEXANDER4 SANDERS, b. 1774.
ii. REUBEN SIMS SANDERS, b. 1776.
iii. JASPER SANDERS, b. 1779.
iv. JEMIMA GLENN SANDERS, b. 1783.
v. MARY PEARS SANDERS, b. 1785.
vi. ELIZABETH SANDERS, b. 1787.
vii. CATHERINE CHRISTMAS SANDERS, b. 1789.
viii. BENJAMIN SANDERS, b. 1791.
ix. DAVID NIMROD SANDERS, b. 1797.
x. SARAH ANN CHRISTMAS SANDERS, b. May 02, 1781; d. November 05, 1855; m. NATHAN SIMS; b. October 16, 1778; d. June 28, 1814.
9. DAVID3 SIMS (MATHEW2, MATHEW1) was born Abt. 1760. He married ELIZABETH DICKERSON.
Children of DAVID SIMS and ELIZABETH DICKERSON are:
i. JEMIMA GLENN4 SIMS.
ii. ANN (NANCY) THOMPSON SIMS.
iii. JAMES MITCHELL SIMS, b. 1802.
iv. DAVID G. SIMS.
Generation No. 4
10. WILLIAM4 SIMS (CHARLES3, MATHEW2, MATHEW1) was born 1768, and died April 05, 1853 in Union County SC. He married ELIZABETH (BETSY) SHELTON. She was born 1770, and died June 18, 1837 in Union County SC.
Child of WILLIAM SIMS and ELIZABETH SHELTON is:
i. WILLIAM A.5 SIMS, b. August 24, 1799; d. November 05, 1883, Union County SC; m. SARAH MCCAN; b. February 22, 1801; d. August 22, 1882, Union County SC.